The Platinum Program asks students to sign on for 4 years of challenging courses with a culminating capstone project to demonstrate academic growth. Students who are able to complete all requirements of the Platinum Program will be honored during graduation ceremonies, letters of recommendation will refer to the students' completion of the program and will reflect the rigor involved. West High transcripts will include specific mention of the Platinum Program and students who are undertaking it.
- 15 added value credits
- A minimum of a "C" grade in all courses
- Integrity forms the foundation of the Platinum Program. Any student failing to adhere to the policies outlined in the West High Student Handbook will be exited from the Platinum Program.
- Enrichment Project - Students will be required to plan, submit, and complete an enrichment project that demonstrates personal or intellectual growth.
- Four Year Plan- Fluid document of your plan to reach 15 added value credits. (Due: May 1 of 10th Grade)
- Proposal- Brief synopsis of your enrichment project submitted through Google Classroom for feedback along with 3-5 teacher mentors you would be interested in working with. (Due: Sept. 15 of 11th Grade)
- Abstract- Detailed submission on your enrichment project, what you will do, how you will go about it, why you chose this specific project. (Due: May 1 of 11th Grade)
- Rubric- With your mentor, develop a rubric on how your enrichment project will be judged. (Due: Nov. 30 of 12th Grade)
- Presentation- 20-30 minutes presentation before the Adjudication Panel. (Due: April of 12th Grade)